4/28/08

Doula Services

WHAT WILL I DO FOR YOU?

As a Doula, I accompany women in labor to help ensure a safe and satisfying birth experience. I have received education for the doula's role from Doula's of North America (DONA). I draw on my knowledge and experience to provide emotional support, physical comfort and, as needed, communication with the staff to make sure that you have the information you need to make informed decisions as they arise in labor.

I can provide reassurance and perspective to you and your partner. I can make suggestions for labor progress, and help with relaxation, massage, positioning, and other techniques for comfort.

I am independent and self-employed. As your Doula, I am working for you, not your caregiver or hospital.

WHAT IS INCLUDED IF YOU HIRE ME AS YOUR DOULA?

Prior to the birth:

  • Meet for an initial interview, getting to know each other
  • 2-3 prenatal visits
  • We will discuss your priorities, fears, and concerns
  • I am available for phone consultation 24 hours a day
  • I can help with preparation of a birth plan
  • You will have access to my book and video library
  • I am on-call until your baby is born
  • Pregnancy Photography if desired (additional fee)(not currently available)

During labor and birth:

  • I provide labor support in your home, hospital and/or birthing center
  • Massage and other non-pharmacological pain relief measures
  • Positioning and other comfor measure suggestions
  • Help support the partner so that they can love and encourage the laboring woman
  • Run errands, pick up food, etc..
  • Help avoid unnecessary interventions
  • Provide a backup doula if needed when sick or for other extraordinary circumstances
  • I will remain with you throughout labor and birth and for one or two hours after birth, until you are comfortable and your family is ready for a quiet time together
  • Help with initial breastfeeding
  • Take pictures or videotape the birth if requested
  • ** ~BIRTH PHOTOGRAPHY included~ **         (only if desired) & all photos on disc

Postpartum:

  • 1 visit to go over the birth and admire the baby!
  • Provide resources in the community
  • Newborn Photography if desired (additional fee)(not currently offered)

OTHER:

  • Attend childbirth classes (additional fee may be required)
  • Photography Services - Birth Photography (in addition to doula services or seperate)

FEES:

Please contact me for my current rates.

I will provide my services on a sliding scale or for trade of services. Cost should not be your deciding factor.

 

I truly believe in doulas and believe that there should be "a doula for every woman who wants one."

I will require a retainer fee at the time of hire for the prenatal visits and on call service around your due date.

CALIFORNIA

I take clients from: Paso Robles, San Miguel, Templeton, Atascadero, Santa Margarita, Shandon, Creston, San Simeon, Cambria, Cayucos, Morro Bay, Los Osos, San Luis Obispo, Avila Beach, Pismo Beach, Shell Beach, Grover Beach, Oceano, Nipomo, Arroyo Grande and everywhere in between. I occasionally take clients from Santa Barbara or Monterey Counties if my schedule allows.

MINNESOTA

I take clients from: St. Cloud, Waite Park, St. Joseph to Minneapolis, St. Paul (Twin Cities), even the Fergus Falls area. Please contact me for available dates.